The purpose of the role is to deliver an effective and competent level of accurate call handling for callers to the Out of hours (OOH) and 111 service. Be able to deliver an efficient appointments service for f2f consultations at the Primary Care Centre, in accordance with agreed protocols.
You will be responsible for the prioritisation of presenting clinical symptoms, supported by decision support software throughout a 24 hour period. This will also include the transfer of patient calls to the appropriate endpoint and the giving of appropriate advice.
- Experience working in a customer service environment.
- Previous office/administrative experience
- Experience of computer data entry
- Telephone/reception experience
- 4 GCSE’s) at grade C or above (or an equivalent qualification) including English and Maths
- Keyboard skills
- Telephone skills
- Customer service skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Ability to greet customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Be able to listen carefully and record information accurately
- Ability to deal effectively with difficult/stressed customers
- Ability to follow policies and guidelines
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Knowledge of data protection
- Ability to work a range of shift types and be flexible to the needs of the service.
- Be able to commute to work during unsocial hours
- NHS Reception experience
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent
- NVQ ½ or equivalent
- Experience of Adastra (out-of-hours computer system)